When it comes to losing body fat, we always focus on the fat in our bellies or limbs but often neglect to burn back fat. But have you ever noticed that back fat could affect your visual impression in the eyes of others? In addition, if you want to wear clothes that show off your collarbone or your shoulder and back, you also need to pay attention to back exercise. However, burning fat in specific areas requires specific exercises. Common fitness programs, such as running or cycling, focus on total body fat burning and have less effect on specific areas. Therefore, this article provides you with more detailed back fat exercises without equipment so that you can accomplish your goals just at home.
The glute bridge belongs to the category of anaerobic exercise. The glute bridge exercise will exercise the buttocks, legs, abdomen, and other muscles, so that the muscles of these parts become tighter, but also will accelerate the burning of fat in these parts, and ultimately achieve the role of weight loss. Although the gluteal bridge exercise mainly exercises the buttocks, to a certain extent it is also a good back fat exercise without equipment.
- The glute bridge as the name implies is to rely on the power of the hips to lift the body in the shape of a bridge, the peak phase of the standard unarmed hip bridge requires three points of a line, shoulders, hips, and knees.
- The glute bridge exercise process breathing in the rising power phase exhale, down relaxation phase inhale. Keep the rhythm fast up, slow down, a movement can be completed in about 6 seconds.
- In the activation process, eyes have been looking upward, and the palms of the feet do not leave the ground. At the beginning and end of the action, feel the contraction of the hip muscles.
- Do not do the glute bridge when the calf is perpendicular to the ground, but placed at a slightly farther distance. It is best to keep the knee joint at about 90 °.
There are also variations of bridges to strengthen other parts such as glutes. If you are interested, see this video.
Push-ups are self-weight training, so it does not require the use of any fitness equipment. As long as we have time, you can do it at any time and anywhere. It is a test of arm strength, before doing this action, we can start with the most basic upward slant push-ups, so slowly transition, perhaps you will be more to accept.
- If you want to practice push-ups and strengthen the core muscles of the back, then you have to focus the movement on the back.
- First of all, the abdominal core muscle strength tightens. And then the shoulder blades open, all the pressure on your back shoulder above, the body’s center of gravity is also placed on the back so that we do push-ups up and down when you can shift the focus to the back above.
- Adhere to doing 50 to 80 or so, to 20 as a cycle point. Strengthening the practice effect will certainly be much better.
When doing pull-ups, you need to force flex your arms to pull up until your jaw is properly over the bar or the back of your neck is close to the bar. The pull-ups can not only exercise our back muscles, and upper arm muscles but also shoulder muscles and pectoral muscles. For fat people, pull-ups are a great way to build muscle on one hand and lose fat on the other. The pull-up training will also consume some calories and promote fat burning. For people with more fat, aerobic exercise for fat loss is the main goal of training. While doing some basic strength training movements will help reduce fat and shape.
- It is best to do warm-up exercises before doing pull-ups, which can well prevent muscle strains. And also do some stretching after the exercise, which can play a role in relaxing the muscles.
- When you do pull-ups to train your muscles, it is best to choose to do them once every two or three days, which can help the muscles recover faster.
- Breathing method: inhale when the body is pulled up, exhale when it drops down.
4. Cat Stretch
The cat stretch is one of the common yoga poses and back fat exercises without equipment that can relax our back and relieve back pain, especially for stretching and relaxing after a back workout. When we train the cat stretch, we start by kneeling on the floor, on all fours, with our toes naturally back. The spine is slowly concave downward, the hips slightly arched, the head lifted and the chest held up, maintaining a normal breathing rhythm, repeat 10-15 times. Then, the spine is then slowly convex upward, the head slowly drops down, and the hips are inward, hold for 10-15 seconds.
5. Bird Dog
The focus of this movement in Bird Dog Pose is not on the movement of the limbs, but on your core stability as well as control. Its main point is to emphasize that the body should maintain a stable and neutral spine during the movement of the hip and shoulder joints and that the lumbar spine (lower back) should not be concave or convex (not moving). Only when the core is stable, the distal extremities will have better power transmission while avoiding injury. You need to keep the spine properly aligned at all times and without a hint of movement!
- Use abdominal breathing, and tighten your core muscles to stabilize the spine.
- Don’t lift your arms or legs too much with the intention. Don’t lift your arms and legs too much upwards.
- Tuck in slightly and don’t lift or lower your head.
Lie prone on the floor or gym mat with your body straight and face down. Arms should be fully extended in front of you. This is the starting position of the movement. Raise your arms and legs at the same time and keep your chest off the floor in this contracted position for 2 seconds. Slowly lower your arms, legs, and chest back down to the starting position while inhaling. Repeat the movement to the recommended number of repetitions.
- This movement can also be done with one arm and one leg. You can lift the left arm, left leg, and left side of the chest. Same for the right side.
- Tighten the lower back to get the best workout.
- While holding the contracted position, you should look like Superman in flight.
Back Fat Exercises Plan PDF
Follow the instructions for back fat exercises without the equipment! Hope you have a better body shape.