Spiderman Pushups | Exercise Guide
Spiderman pushups are a variation of the traditional push-up exercise that targets the muscles of the chest, shoulders, triceps, and core.
- Primary muscles worked: Core
- Secondary muscles worked: Chest, shoulders, triceps
- Equipment: No equipment
- Calories Burned: 11 cal (1 minute)
Spiderman Pushups Instructions
- Start in a plank position, with your hands slightly wider than shoulder-distance apart and directly under your shoulders.
- Bend your elbows at 45 degrees, and lower your chest toward the floor while keeping your right knee drawn up toward your elbow. (Inhale)
- Push up and return to the starting position. (Exhale)
Repeat on the other side, alternating sides for the desired number of repetitions.
Sets And Reps
- Beginner: 1 set of 10 to 15 reps
- Advanced: 3 sets of 8 to 10 reps
This move is advanced, so start with regular push ups and spiderman planks, and then you can safely advance to spiderman pushups.
Spiderman Pushups Benefits
Spiderman pushups are a great exercise for improving upper body strength, shoulder stability, core strength, coordination, balance, and flexibility. It allows you to burn a lot of calories in a short period of time.
Spiderman Pushups Variations
Pushups offer a wide range of options, so you can adjust the movements to meet your comfort level.
- Knee Push-Up
- Regular push-Up
- Incline Push-Up
- Pike Push-Up
Spiderman Pushups FAQs
How many calories do push-ups burn?
Push-ups can burn around seven calories in one minute, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM).
How many push-ups should I do each day?
Fitness trainers recommend that you perform push-ups in sets of three. To figure out how many reps to do for each set, perform as many push-ups as you can in two minutes and then divide that number by three.
Related Upper Body Exercises
Here are some other lower body exercises that will help you strengthen, sculpt and tone your thighs, hips, legs and glutes:
- Leg raises
- Flutter kicks
- Single leg lunge
15 Minutes upper glute workout
Build your upper booty. Work your legs and booty from all angles with this 29-minute bodyweight workout.
Build your upper booty
The glutes work to stabilize the lower and upper body. Its benefits include: reduce back pain, and decrease knee pain.
10 Minutes chest workout
The workouts include pushups and other actions that make use of powerful muscle groups.