Kettlebell Around The World Routine: Step By Step Guide
Kettlebells are versatile and effective training tools that can help you build strength, endurance, and power. One of the most dynamic kettlebell exercises is the kettlebell around the world, which is a great way to work your entire body while improving your coordination and balance.
What Muscles Does the Kettlebell Around the World Work?
The kettlebell around the world is a full-body exercise that works multiple muscle groups, including:
- Primary muscles worked: Hips, glutes
- Secondary muscles worked: Core, thighs
- Equipment: No equipment
- Calories Burned: 10 cal
Step By Step Instructions For Kettlebell Around the World
The kettlebell around the world is a challenging exercise that requires proper form and technique to perform safely and effectively. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to perform the kettlebell around the world:
- Start by positioning your feet shoulder-width apart and grasping the kettlebell by the handle with both hands. Tuck in your chin, pull your shoulders back, and maintain a tall and straight posture.
- Hold the kettlebell at the level of your navel and groin and rotate your body in a full circle, using your feet to pivot.
- Once you have completed three full rotations in one direction, stop and plant your feet firmly. Make sure your heels are flat on the ground and your knees are slightly bent to control the movement and avoid over-extending.
- Repeat the same movement pattern, this time performing three rotations in the opposite direction. Repeat this sequence for two minutes before taking a short break.
Sets And Reps
- Beginner: 1-2 sets of 8 to 10 repetitions
- Advanced: 3 sets of 15 to 20 repetitions
Start by doing 1 or 2 sets of 8 to 10 repetitions. Over time, increase the number of sets and reps as you become stronger, until you can do 3 sets of 15 to 20 repetitions. To tone the buttocks, add ankle weights.
Benefits of the Kettlebell Around the World
- Improving cardiovascular fitness: The kettlebell around the world is a dynamic and intense exercise that requires you to move through multiple planes of motion, which can help to improve your cardiovascular fitness and endurance.
- Building full-body strength: As the kettlebell around the world works multiple muscle groups, it’s an excellent exercise to help you build overall strength and power.
- Improving coordination and balance: The kettlebell around the world requires you to maintain control and stability throughout the movement, which can help to improve your coordination and balance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the kettlebell around the world appropriate for all fitness levels?
The kettlebell around the world can be modified for different fitness levels. It’s important to use a weight that is appropriate for your current fitness level and to practice proper form and technique.
How often should I do kettlebell around the world?
The frequency of kettlebell around the world will depend on your overall training program and goals. It is reasonable to exercise 2-5 times a week.
You can add kettlebell around the world in your full body workout sessions. It’s important to allow for rest and recovery for the muscles worked and always listen to your body and adjust as needed.
Try these popular workouts that will help you get in shape: