5 Day dumbbell workout
Get fit and toned with this challenging 5 day dumbbell workout plan. Each day features a variety of exercises that target different muscle groups, ensuring a full-body workout.
What Are The Benefits Of Dumbbell Workouts?
Incorporating dumbbell workouts into your fitness routine can help improve your strength, endurance, and overall physical fitness.
- Increased muscle strength and endurance: By using dumbbells to perform exercises that target specific muscle groups, you can effectively stimulate muscle growth and increase strength and endurance.
- Greater flexibility and range of motion: Using dumbbells can help improve your range of motion and flexibility, as the weight can be moved through a greater range of motion than with fixed-weight machines.
- Convenience: Dumbbells are portable and can be used at home or in a gym, making them a convenient option for strength training.
Best exercises with dumbbells
Here are some examples of exercises that can be performed with dumbbells:
Bicep curls: Standing with your feet shoulder-width apart, hold a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing forward. Bend your elbows to curl the dumbbells towards your shoulders, then straighten your arms to lower the weights back down.
- Tricep dips: Sit on the edge of a bench or chair, holding a dumbbell in each hand. Place your hands on the bench with your fingers facing towards your body and your arms straight. Lift your hips off the bench and lower yourself down, bending your elbows to a 90-degree angle. Push yourself back up to the starting position.
- Chest press: Lie on your back on a bench with a dumbbell in each hand. Extend your arms straight up, then bend your elbows to lower the dumbbells towards your chest. Straighten your arms to press the dumbbells back up to the starting position.
5 Day dumbbell workout for beginners
Here is a sample 5-day dumbbell workout for beginners. If you don’t have dumbbells yet, try our HIIT workout plan, no equipment required.
- Goblet Squats: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Chest Press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Seated Row: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Plank: 3 sets of 30-60 seconds
- Side Plank: 3 sets of 30-60 seconds (per side)
Day 2: Rest day
- Lunges: 3 sets of 8-12 reps (per leg)
- Shoulder Press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Bicep Curls: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Tricep Dips: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Russian Twists: 3 sets of 8-12 reps (per side)
Day 4: Rest day
- Deadlifts: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Pushups: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Lat Pulldowns: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Leg Raises: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Plank with Alternating Arm and Leg Raise: 3 sets of 8-12 reps (per side)
The Ultimate Dumbbell Workout Guide
Dumbbell Workout Plan For Beginners
This dumbbell workout plan is designed specifically for beginners who are looking to build muscle and strength. It includes a variety of exercises that target different muscle groups and is designed to be easy to follow and understand.
The Best 5-Day Dumbbell Workout Split
This 5-day split workout plan is ideal for those who prefer to work out at home or in a garage gym and prefer using dumbbells over barbells or machines.
Yes, it is possible to build muscle using only dumbbells. Dumbbells are a type of free weight that can be used to perform a variety of exercises that target different muscle groups. Combined with push/pull/legs workouts may work better.
If you are new to strength training and are using dumbbells, it may be helpful to start with lighter weights and gradually increase the weight as you become more comfortable and stronger. Try our free 12 week dumbbell workout plan to gain muscle.
It is generally recommended to engage in strength training at least 2-3 times per week to see significant improvements. To see results reflect on the scale and continue to make progress over time, you need to commit to working out at least four to five days per week.
A range of 3-10lbs (1-5kg) is perfect for building lean muscle and losing fat.
As you progress in your strength training journey, you will likely need to increase the weight of your dumbbells to continue challenging your muscles and see progress. It’s generally recommended to increase the weight by no more than 5-10% at a time, and to pay close attention to your form to ensure that you are performing the exercises correctly.
Try these popular workouts that will help you get in shape:
WORK OUT WITH JUSTFIT
- Workout Plans
- Fitness Coaching
- Lazy Workouts
- Daily Progress Tracker
Join 2,500,000+ users around the world and get fitter with us. JustFit encourages you to be a better version of yourself!