How Many Calories in A Shot of Tequila?
JustFit Meal Planner
How many calories in a shot of tequila: There are roughly 97 calories in a single shot (1.5oz) of tequila according to the USDA.
Calories in tequila
Calories in a glass of tequila
The number of calories in a glass of tequila depends on the size of the glass and the amount of tequila.
Calories in a shot of tequila
Nutrition information of tequila drink
It is worth mentioning that tequila alone is fat-, carb-, and cholesterol-free, and contains relatively few calories with one serving (1.5 oz) containing roughly 96 calories. Hence, making it a great option for those watching their weight. However, mixed drinks that include tequila can have added sugar and carbs from mixers like sodas or juices. Hence, to reduce sugar intake, it is recommended to stick to tequila-based drinks with fresh ingredients, or simply drink tequila straight or on the rocks with a twist of lime. Finally, it is important to consume alcohol in moderation as excessive drinking, can lead to negative health consequences.
How many sugar is in tequila?
Tequila itself does not contain sugar. However, mixed drinks with tequila can have added sugars from mixers like juices or syrups.
How many carbs are in tequila?
Tequila itself has no carbs, but mixed drinks may have carbs from mixers like sodas or juices.
How many calories are in a shot of tequila by brands?
- Patrón Añejo — an elegant choice, boasting a smooth taste, 40% ABV, and, only 98 calories per 1.5oz serving.
- Jose Cuervo Gold — this 1.5oz shot boasts an impressive 40% ABV and only 96 calories per serving.
- Don Julio Blanco — offers a smooth taste and 40% ABV in every 96-calorie 1.5oz shot.
- Herradura Reposado — made from 100% blue agave plants and aged in white oak barrels, meanwhile, this 40% ABV tequila only has 97 calories per serving.
- Avion Silver tequila — a smooth, meanwhile, 97-calorie shot with a 40% ABV.
- Cazadores Reposado — offers a slightly oak-barrel-aged taste , and, only 104 calories per 1.5oz shot at a 40% ABV.
- Patrón “Gran Patrón Burdeos” Añejo — offers the same calorie count and ABV as Patrón Añejo, meanwhile, with the added distinction of being aged in Bordeaux wine barrels.
- Jose Cuervo Silver — balances smoothness and strength, offering the same 40% ABV and 96 calories per 1.5oz shot.
- Patrón Silver — offers the quality of Patrón tequila in a lower-calorie option with 99 calories per 1.5oz shot and a 40% ABV.
- Hornitos Reposado — offers a touch of extra smoothness in every 103-calorie 1.5oz shot, with a 40% ABV.
- Milagro Silver — a premium tequila with superior smoothness and flavor, meanwhile, offering an enjoyable experience in every 1.5oz shot with only 104 calories and 40% ABV.
Calories of various alcohol
It is important to be aware that drinking a shot of tequila every day can lead to dependence, liver damage, and other health issues. Hence, for most individuals, moderate alcohol consumption is considered to be up to one drink per day for women. And up to two drinks per day for men, which is unlikely to cause harm. However, it is essential to seek personalized advice from a healthcare professional regarding alcohol consumption. And how it may affect your health.
First, there’s the “Skinny Margarita.” Which involves mixing tequila, fresh lime juice, and a splash of agave nectar. For a fruity choice, try the “Tequila Sunrise” – mix tequila, orange juice, and a splash of grenadine. Meanwhile, you could also opt for the “Paloma.” Which has a refreshing combination of tequila, grapefruit juice, and a splash of club soda. Lastly, for those who enjoy a bit of heat. Try out the “Spicy Margarita” – mix tequila, fresh lime juice, muddled jalapeno, and a splash of agave nectar for an added kick. Hence, it is essential to remember to always use fresh ingredients. And avoid sugary mixers to keep your cocktail healthy.
If you want to enjoy tequila without gaining weight, try some of these tips. For the most part, avoid sugary mixers and instead choose fresh ingredients like lime juice, berries, or herbs. Also, drinking plenty of water will help you stay hydrated and avoid overindulging. So stick to one or two servings per sitting. Additionally, it is important to maintain a healthy overall diet and exercise regularly to offset any calories from drinking. Lastly, drink in moderation and be mindful of your limits to avoid negative health consequences.