The Christmas holiday is almost here. To avoid your usual gym routine, try a fun 12-day Christmas workout inspired by the classic song, “The 12 Days of Christmas.”
The workout flows just like the song does. Start with the first day of Christmas and go through 12 rounds of each set of exercises. All you need is a mat.
12 Days of Christmas workout plan
- A bupree with an overhead clap
- 2 Side lunges
- 3 Broad Jumps
- 4 Lying leg lifts
- 5 Push-ups
- 6 Bicycle Crunches
- 7 Sumo Squats
- 8 Reverse Lunges
- 9 Jumping Jacks
- 10 Forward Lunges
- 11 Chair Dips
- 12 Squat Jumps
Here is an example of a “12 Days of Christmas” workout that you can try:
- One minute of jumping jacks
- Two minutes of mountain climbers
- Three minutes of plank jacks
- Four minutes of burpees
- Five minutes of jump squats
- Six minutes of high knees
- Seven minutes of plank hold
- Eight minutes of Russian twists
- Nine minutes of lunges
- Ten minutes of bicycle crunches
- Eleven minutes of jump rope
- Twelve minutes of squat jumps
12 days of Christmas kettlebell workout
The 12 Days of Christmas Kettlebell Challenge includes swings, cleans, snatches, and goblet squats.
You can perform this workout as a circuit, completing each exercise for the prescribed number of minutes before moving on to the next. You can also add in rest breaks as needed. This workout is meant to be challenging, so make sure to listen to your body and modify the intensity as needed. It’s also important to warm up before starting any workout to help prevent injury.
If you want to work out without equipment, there are unlimited free workout resources (with PDF) that you can download completely free.